[blparent] Taking advantage of parenting classes

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Mar 1 16:46:18 UTC 2012

Bridget, we live each day learning and educating.  Each day we step out of
our home, we educate the public of what we can or cannot do as a blind
individual. Each and every time I walk my daughter to the corner, I am
educating others of how I use my cane, how I don't fall into cracks along
the edge of the road or how I know when to cross.  I am educating them on
how I, a blind mom, keeps my child safe.
On the otherhand I am learning each and everytime I take a step, whether it
is in my own home or out in public.  I am learning what to do when the dog
darts  in front of me, I am learning how to solve problems that might arise
during a given minut.  I am learning when I walk out the door.
It is crazy for anyone to say, that educating and learning is not important.

Educating/learning, whether in a classroom, online or experiencing life is
necessary.
Some of the things we learn, should be common sense, but what is that?  An
idea of what should be, some of us, just don't think that way.  We need
someone to put the idea, the flame on the candle to start it burning.
Sorry about that. I just hate when peeps say that we shouldn'tlearn and are
tired of educating others.