[blparent] baby shower

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:16:18 UTC 2012

Hello Hina,

I strongly recommend a nursing pillow called My Breast-Friend.  It's truly
like having another arm because a strap goes around your waist and then you
put the baby on the pillow to nurse and-or nap.  I think that this would
help you out tremendously since you have one week arm and although you do
have to hold onto the pillow and baby it really allows you more
maneuverability.  It's even got a great little pocket on it for a cloth or
pacifier or anything you might need.  I used to put my cell phone in it if I
was wearing something with no pockets.  When my son was really little I used
to put the pillow on my computer desk and have my arms just above him to
type on the computer while he was nursing or asleep.  Don't do this when
baby's bigger and moving more though because it wouldn't be safe.

They also make gounds with no snaps or zippers that you can put on your baby
and just pull the bottom of the gound up to change him or her.  They make
them for boys and girls and might be a great option for you.  The ones I
used where long sleeved and cotton.  At night to keep baby safe and worm you
could put them in a gound and then in a sleep sack so it's easy to change
them during the night and you don't have to worry about suffocation or
anything like that with blankets.  I recommend just keeping your house at a
comfortable warm temp like 75 for baby and not bundling them in a lot of
clothes.  New babies cannot regulate there temperature for a little bit of
time after their born and can over-heat easily.  My pediatrician told me
after my son was born that she sees more babies for over-heating that almost
anything when they're tiny ones.

Best to you and I'll try and keep thinking of anything that might help you.

Erin