[blparent] Pregnancy and food (deception about tea)

Kevin Athey familyathey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 00:12:29 UTC 2012

First, I think it is a shame that someone lied to you. I didn't really
pay attention to this post until I read about the coffee and tea. This
caught my attention because I am latter-day saint. Now, I would like
to think that this neighbor of yours was more of the exception than
the rule because I don't believe in drinking tea or coffee but if I
were going to refuse to help you find such a product I'd tell you the
truth. However, I wouldn't refuse neither would any of the latter-day
saint people that I know. It is your choice to drink eat or otherwise
participate in anything as is it ours and while we don't agree I
wouldn't have any problems at all helping you get what you needed or
wanted.
And in case you are curious it isn't the caffine as you suspected.
There is actually a substance in tea and coffee (the stuff that makes
them black) called tanic acid that is harmful to your body and this is
the reason latter-day saints were commanded not to partake of it.
I hope this explains it to you guys a little better.
I didn't write this to excuse the very rude unchristian like lady who
not only refused to help another but lied in the process.
Have a great day!

Kathy