[blparent] Pregnancy and food- Helpers pushing beliefs on you

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 21:57:14 UTC 2012

PMS-ing are we? There's nothing immature about this. Just because a
person is assisting in some capacity does not mean my wants and needs
are subject to their approval. If I want a specific product when
shopping, it's the assistants "job" to find that product. I mean, if we
take the attitude you suggest, we should "grow up" when people say we
can't raise children simply because we are blind, or we are not
qualified for employment, or that we can not care for ourselves. When
you get down to it, how is this any different? These people are  just
helping us, and according to you, we should, accept them" just because
they are helping us. This, by your definition, means we do not make our
rights, wants, needs vocal; we are just accepting said person's beliefs
and ideas. Assist means to serve, to help; if we adopt the mindset that
we should just do what others suggest, we say it's okay to not treat our
needs and wants in an equal manner. If I state what I want to buy, an
assistant "helps" me to find that item, not lie about it, not judge, not
refuse to find it. Where's the immaturity in this?

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan