[blparent] Talking about Death with a Preschooler

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Sun Mar 18 16:58:16 UTC 2012

I completely agree with this advice about being straight forward. Kids do
not understand euphemisms. I would not mention the burial as part of
recycling as it just sets you up to be caught in a lie by your then teen. :)
By the time we do all the horrible things we do to the body, and then put it
in a regular coffin and then a concrete vault, this is preservation not
compost. Though there are still some people who do not tamper with the body
and use untreated wood for the coffins for religious purposes, this is the
exception and requires, amongst other things, a private burial plot. In most
cases Americans are still polluting even after we are dead.

Jennifer