[blparent] feeding suggestion

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:25:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

I remember, not too far in the distant past, the challenges that went
along with feeding Erik solids. Baby food is a messy challenge but I
read some recommendations on this list that helped. One recommendation
was to thicken the food with rice cereal. That helped sometimes. I
think though, the faster you conclude that it will be messy and messy
is fine, you'll enjoy feeding your baby and the spoon won't be too
terrible. Besides, a few months from now your baby will be shoveling
food in his/her own mouth. Erik is 13 months now and we're trying to
get him to think about feeding himself food on a spoon. He still likes
to grab and shovel.

Lisamaria