[blparent] And now there are two!

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:34:21 UTC 2012

Hi, fellow blind parents.

I post pretty infrequently on this list, but I've learned a great deal
from all of you. I'm Jennifer Bose and I live in Brookline,
Massachusetts, with my husband Sunish Gupta, who worked several years
ago on the project to build the early model of the KNFB Reader. Yes,
I'm bragging on him a little. Naming our babies has been interesting
since we've tried to find names that would represent their
backgrounds; I'm American and he grew up in India. We have our
2-1/2-year-old daughter, Abigail Tulsi, and as of last Friday we have
a newborn daughter, Tara Isabel. We're both very happy with two.

I remember asking this list how blind parents manage two children and
we got great responses. It's not that I don't believe it can be done;
I know we're certainly not the first. My head knows that there are all
sorts of solutions, but my emotions play tricks on me. Well, I'll put
that down to normal parental anxiety and ask any of you who have
multiple children to tell me everything I need to know. I'll take any
tips you care to send along, especially about managing a toddler and a
newborn. My husband and I are generally pretty independent and have
done very well with one child, but with two, we're in a new zone. So
please let me know what you've done or what you would suggest for us.
I'm grateful for any and all help.

Thanks so much. This is a tremendous resource.

Jen