[blparent] Healthy foods- protein

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun May 6 17:58:39 UTC 2012

Erin,

I just heard of a cookbook titled Vegan for Carnivores. I haven't
checked to see if it can be found in an accessible format, but the chef
who wrote it was not always a vegan chef, so he tries to recreate
meat-based foods turning them into plant-based foods. From what I
understand, the recipes are actually really yummy. So if you're looking
for non-meat-based foods including products devoid of soy, try looking
into things like this.

And vegan foods usually are higher in protein but much lower in calories
and fat. The chef of the cookbook mentioned above, made a plant-based
fried chicken using rice paper for the skin and a plant-based product
for the meat and then, after using several seasonings, fried it like you
would with fried chicken, but despite the frying process, it had a
fraction of the fat and calories than actual fried chicken. All those
who tried it thought it tasted great.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: