[blparent] homemade toys

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon May 7 22:19:56 UTC 2012

When Gab was a little older than 2, we made shakers, toilet paper rolls,
some beans or rice and foil and tape.  We would put the rice and beans in
the tube and place foil over the ends and tape them down and then shake
away.
At my mother's house, Gab used to get in the kitchen and appear with plastic
measuring cups, whisk, wood spoons and plastic cereal bowls and pretend
cooking.  Sometimes grandma would give her cookies and she'd pretend she
baked them and then she'd put them on metal coasters and serve them up.