[blparent] No more bake sales?

Jessica Trask ashleejessandmark2012 at samobile.net
Fri May 11 04:32:19 UTC 2012

Hi Jo,

I was involved with Girl Scouts when I was living in Utah for a couple
of years. And, I always used to take the girl scout cookie sheet to
school with me and sell them to all the teachers. In fact, the last
year I did it I know there was one or two teachers that were bringing
their little girls cookie sheet order form to work with them so they
could help their children out by selling them. And, I remember to this
day my biggest order I ever took was from my high school guidance
counselor the last year I did it in Park City Utah. And, she being evil
sent them to her daughter at the time who was in college. She ordered
12 boxes of cookies.

I don't agree with what they are wanting to do. Also, the fact that
most elementary schools now especially are cutting out recess
dramatically doesn't help out the obesity problems that we are seeing
in the younger generations now.

Also, they are not taking into account that their our other medical
conditions that obesity plays a rule in. example Down's Syndrome.