[blparent] 3-part question, blindness-related

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat May 12 15:47:53 UTC 2012

Eric,

It would help to know the reason you are asking these questions.  While I agree with Gabe that the earlier you can get a child to be comfortable with the
water the better, even that may depend upon other factors.  I don't know that I would say it is worth forcing a fifteen-year-oold to get familiar with Major
League Baseball if he or she isn't interested, nor would I prevent a four-year-old from being interested if that was the case.  I'm not sure that a child is
going to be considerecd disadvantaged if someone living in the middle of New York City has a harder time getting them outdoor activities than a child
growing up on a farm.  These also seem to me to be general parenting questions than having much to do with issues of being a blind parent.  It is just hard
to give specific answers to questions like this, and I would hate to see answers given here applied to a specific case when we don't know all of the facts
of that case.  The answers are so variable.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson]