[blparent] cutting kids hair

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:35:25 UTC 2012

Hello list,

Up until this point my husband or I have trimmed my son's hair on our own
but I was wondering at what point you all decided it was time for the
barber?  I want the experience to be positive for my son and I know that for
him now at 18 months, he would hate it and not want to sit still.
Thankfully, he doesn't have an extremely thick rug that needs tons of
attention so we've gotten away with little trims around the ears and in the
back.  I'm thinking that around 2.5 or 3 would be a good time to bring him
for a professional cut and hopefully with the right stylist who's good with
kids, he'll be alright with sitting still and just playing with a toy or
something while he's getting his hair worked on.  There probably are places
specific to kids that have all the bells and whistles which would make this
task enjoyable to him so I'll have to check into that.  I'd love to hear
your stories about bringing your kids to the hair dresser for the first
time.

Thanks,

Erin