[blparent] This American Life and positive images of

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Tue May 15 21:48:44 UTC 2012

I have the awful feeling that Mr. Knighton is deliberately exploiting the
public's negative stereotypes about blind people in order to advance himself
as an author and stand-up comic.  He couldn't possibly be as helpless as he
claims to be, but he tells stories that make people laugh, and they seem to
go for it.  True ineptness is sad but forgivable; exploitation of a bad
situation for personal gain is another story.

Debbie