[blparent] This American Life and positive images of

debbie grace debbiegrace at gci.net
Sun May 20 19:13:50 UTC 2012

Please take me off your mailing list.
Thank You
Debbie Grace

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Bridgit Pollpeter
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:12 PM
To: blparent at nfbnet.org
Subject: [blparent] This American Life and positive images of

Okay, this is just stupid, sorry. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, or
sighted person, to find their way around a hotel room. I see no reason why
it would be a problem to contact anyone about the ridiculousness of this
portrayal. Mr. Knighton sounds like an ignorant baffoon who didn't believe
it necessary to actually learn things instead of bumbling his way through
life as portrayed by the controversial cartoon Mr. Magoo.
It's not even a matter of training or differing philosophies; to not be able
to find your way around a hotel room is just plain stupidity. And what
representation of blindness, and really humanity, is portrayed by this guy?
I am totally blind and have never, never struggled with the "things" Mr.
Knighton says he did. It has nothing to do with blindness and everything to
do with a perception amplified by a bumbling idiot who probably has no place
speaking for parents or blind people.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: