[blparent] Pass the butter please!

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:17:40 UTC 2012

Hello Dave,

I totally understand that some topics can be completely unrelated to
parenting or blindness related parenting but I didn't think that talking
about the nutritional value of butter and margarine for ourselves and kids
was an out of control topic, but okay.  If this list is going to be limited
to only blindness related parenting topics then it looks like most
discussions will have to be brought to a halt because we've been talking
about a lot of interesting and helpful topics that don't necessarily have to
do with our blindness such as healthy recipes for our kids, all different
types of helpful baby products and appropriate music for children just to
name a few.  If every single thread is going to have to be directly link to
blindness in some way than that's fine but I'll be turning to this list a
lot less since only a small percentage of my life is related to my blindness
and I'll need to turn to other parents on other list serves for compelling
discussions on a variety of great parenting topics.  It will be a bummer
though because we all have so much to offer to one another that has to do
with parenting and is not related to our being blind.  I always thought that
it was really nice to be able and just talk "normal" parenting chat with
others who are blind and realize that we go through the same things that
sighted parents go through.  It is what it is and I guess there will just be
a lot less threads on this list or you will have your work cut-out for
yourself with proof-reading.

Erin