[blparent] Funny Disasters!

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 24 18:39:54 UTC 2012

Just this morning, I opened the orange juice and took out the little plug so that I could pour it. Then, my husband's toast popped
up from the toaster. I was distracted because he had to leave in a hurry. I set the juice down and buttered his toast. When I picked
up the juice, I thought it was still shut and proceeded to give it a good shake!! Juice shower! I have been wiping up all day! Juice
is a sticky gift that keeps on giving!!

Here is another one with a question. I wear a floor length black velvet dress for concert performances. Much to my dismay, when I
took it off the drying rack this week, I found it full of what felt like very miniature Braille dots. It must have inadvertently
been washed with a scrap of Kleenex or some other very bad thing for black velvet. We took it to the dry cleaners, and they removed
the stuff with a lint roller. Is there a way I could have done this myself as a totally blind woman, but been sure there were no
more white specks covering my black velvet? I was trying to do it by feel before I took it to the dry cleaners. When I thought I had
made head way, I asked a sighted person, and she said the dress was still covered. It was then that I thought the dry cleaner was
the best option.

Terri Wilcox