[blparent] Introduction

Amanda Matheny mommyzhuuraan at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:04:28 UTC 2012

That'd be awesome! I'd like to meet her. Even if not for babysitting I
like to meet and hang out with new people. If I did use her as a
babysitter, I'd need to get to know her first, but that'd be cool.

My son was actually a little late, and there's a funny story on that.

My original due date was March 23, then my OBGYN bumped it to March
21. However, I wasn't even really having many Braxton-hicks
contractions and I wasn't very dilated, so my doc scheduled me to be
induced April 1 if I didn't have him by then. This was when I was
still in Utah. Thinking he'd be born by then, my mom and grandma
bought plane tickets to see us back in February. I told my mom I was
going to be induced but decided to keep it a secret from my grandma.
When she saw me, still with my bump and no baby in my arms, she was a
little shocked and was really concerned that he wouldn't be born
before they had to leave. My mom and I had kept the secret well, but
she accidentally spilled the beans to the car rental person before I
told my grandma. It annoyed me at first, but then we all had a big
laugh. It took a while for my grandma to register that we'd withheld
that surprise from her. They arrived the day before I was to be
induced and were the ones who took me to the hospital. That was pretty
cool!

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blparent_nfbnet.org/rovadia82%40gma