[blparent] teen laundry

Jennifer Jackson jennifersjackson at att.net
Sat Nov 3 07:28:47 UTC 2012

I think someone may need to talk me down. :-) Yesterday in the early evening
I asked my 13 year old for his laundry. This morning I had to get really
insistent and ask two more times. Almost 3 thymes as when he finally brought
it down he just left it at the bottom of the stairs without even letting me
know. I washed his jeans with some of his brothers and finished the load up.
Now a second load is in the dryer and he is refusing to fold and hang them.
He even lied and told me they were still wet when I sent him out to handle
it. I am tempted to put them in a trash bag on the basis that they are
obviously not important to him. It has been over an hour since he lied about
them being finished, so it is not as if I am not giving him time to respond
appropriately.

Any suggestions for other responses?

Jennifer