[blparent] teen laundry

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Tue Nov 6 19:17:47 UTC 2012

It must be a boy thing.  (Sorry to any guys on the list who don't do it and
never did, but there are a lot who do.)  My teenage stepson's dirty socks
end up everywhere, too.  It's gross.  And my brother, he never had that
problem, but he would literally mail his dirty laundry home to my mom the
first year he went to college.  Seriously, we'd get these big, heavy
boxes--and believe me, if you think laundry stinks when it's been lying
around on the floor for a few days, try opening a box that has been in the
mail for that long or more.  And the shocking part is, my mom actually did
the laundry and mailed the clothes back, clean and folded!  She never would
have done that for me or my sister.  Eventually, they decided it was more
cost effective--and maybe less nasty--to hire the laundry out by the pound
to a laundromat in the city where my brother lived.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.