[blparent] Perspective

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 04:06:58 UTC 2012

I started to reply to this, but thought I'd see what the rest of the list had to say, and they said it all far better than I could.  The one thing where I'd like to add my assent is that your experience is not unique to being a blind parent.  Nature calls, you step inside, and when you return, your kid's not there.  It all makes sense -- Dad shows up and is picking Sarah up, but you didn't know that.  This stuff happens to everyone, blind and sighted.  Just hang in there, get a good night's sleep, and it really will be OK.