[blparent] exercising at home

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Wed Oct 3 00:54:01 UTC 2012

Careful--Not sure if Gabe for got to mention this or what, but you're
not supposed to lift weights excessively when starting off. That's
really not advisable. You also want to start off with five or ten pound
weights and Gradually work up to your potential will give you better,
more consistent results longterm.
And eating small meals more frequently is  advisable, rather  than
fasting and eating only one or two meals a day. That allows your
metabolism to regulate itself.
However, you asked about exercise, and as a mom of a small baby myself,
I do understand your issue with time. When little ones take naps, you
suddenly find yourself not knowing what to do: Should I do some
cleaning? Should I cook something? Sort out the baby's things--There's
always more to do than time permits. And exercise is often put on the
backburner, whether  intentionally or not.
Walking and stretching really is your best bet. If you're trying to
tone your middle, situps and crunches will work.
Bernadetta