[blparent] blind parent's rights for custody of blind child

Jasmine jasmine5802 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 17:19:47 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,
My name is Virginia and I'm a blind mother in California of a 13 year
old boy who is also blind and learning disabled. I'm currently going
through a divorce, and my ex husband and his parent's are trying to
fight for primary custody of my son. Are there any laws or rights that I
can show them for disabled parent's? Is there anyone who can help me
fight for my rights? I've heard that the Nfb fights for custody cases
like this, so I was wondering if anyone in the Nfb can help me out? I
already have a lawyer to represent me, but she doesn't specialize in
disability rights for blind parents rights.
Thanks!
Virginia