[blparent] Please help me snap out of my pity-party

Brandy Wojcik ballstobooks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:34:32 UTC 2012

O I know it is tough, but everything you are upset about can be worked
around.

First you probably want to think about baby proofing to the next level. Put
art supplies in a cabinet she can't open, or a closet. Baby lock cabinets. I
drink from a water bottle so if they get my drink it is drips not a
waterfall. I work very hard for everything to have a place, and for the
older one to have set things to do while I'm dealing with the little ones or
making a meal. It takes some initial work, but it is worth it!

As for the other things I believe you can enjoy them with her. Why can't you
watch a DVD and sit by her. Comment on what they say, and comment on her
comments.

You can color try color wonders they only color where the picture is, or get
some Braille coloring books and label your crayons.
Adapt games, Buy books from Seedlings, National Braille press, or my new
favorite place
http://www.beulahreimerlegacy.com/

If you can't read Braille check out a story reader at www.storyreader.com.

There are a lot of options. She will remember the good times so make what
you do fun and special between you. Societies definition of what you have to
do doesn't have to be yours.

Bran