[blparent] Helping child with letters when blind

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sat Oct 27 02:28:31 UTC 2012

I don't remember where we got this, but we had this electronic board that
one could feel the letter and when you pressed down on them, it would speak
the name of the letter.  Also below each letter was the letter in Braille.
Also at the top of the entire board, was a button that slid from side to
side.  One side it would just say the names of each letter, then if you slid
it to the right, it would sing a song about that letter and if you slid it
all the way to the right, it would just play a different song for each
letter with out words.
It was about 24 inches high and 28 inches wide and about an inch or so
thick. Oh yeah, there was also a setting on it that when you pressed a
letter, it would say something like this, create a 3 letter word,