[blparent] Please help me snap out of my pity-party

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Oct 27 03:01:00 UTC 2012

My four-year-old has great fun with stickers.  I let her stick them on the
front of the dishwasher because they come off easily, so we do different
ones for different seasons.  Self-sticking gems are also great.  To prevent
glue from getting too messy, try using glue sticks instead of bottles.
Leaves, birdseed, rice, popcorn kernels, and pine needles make nice textured
collages on cardboard or construction paper.  I have a tray kind of like the
ones you get at fast food restaurants, but you can also use a cookie sheet
to put the project on and contain the mess.  As for drawing on everything
but the paper, Color Wonder products by Crayola are awesome because the
markers and paints only show up on the special paper, nowhere else.  Try
Model Magic, too, it's like playdough that hardens so your kids can keep
their creations.  Good luck!

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.