[blparent] interesting book

sharon howerton shrnhow at att.net
Wed Sep 5 00:43:19 UTC 2012

I received a book today (Braille) that wanted to bring to people's attention. Though it in no way deals with blind parenting, it deals with issues common to all parents including some of the issues we have discussed here. It is called Stop Second-guessing Yourself The Toddler Years A Field-tested Guide to Confident Parenting by Jen Singer, BR18686 published in 2009. I have not checked BARD to see if it is available in audio format. Some chapter titles are When Your Baby Isn't a Baby Any more, Like Herding Cats: Taking Your Toddler on the Go, keeping your child safe, toilet training, eating habits, entertaining your toddler, etc. It is light and entertaining but offers common sense ideas as well. Can't say I'll read it cover to cover but will skim it.
Sharon