[blparent] model state custody bill

Kate McEachern kflsouth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:51:09 UTC 2012

That's been on my mind for a wile as well.  Its one thing to want to protect
Blind parents who may be having issues because of ignorance, but there has
to be a way to protect children from parents who are a danger and could try
to use their being Blind as a crutch to get to keep their kids even if not
fit.  I know from my job that we have had new blind parents who because of
issues from disorders that may of led to their Blindness, can't find their
way around their own house.  Or have mental issues, or refuse to learn the
skills to travel out side safely or care for themselves let alone a child.
Where is the line and how do you differentiate?  This is a good point.
Because this will come up at some point not just on list.

Katie