[blparent] playgrounds and climbing structures

Lisamaria Martinez, NOMC lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 23:56:12 UTC 2012

First, I know Alex and he is a pretty cautious child. He wouldn't go diving off am edge for fun, some kids would but not him. So, with that thought firmly planted in your head I would encourage you to take your hand off and be nervous hands off. He needs the freedom and reassurance he can explore and play independently. When you exhibit signs of nervousness he will pick up on the signs and be nervous too. And remember, part of learning and developing is falling, preferably not off of a play structure though..

And as for you and your navigation around the structure... Take a telescoping came, collapse it, and use it as a mini came, at least when you are on your hands and knees. If you get to a bridge or some place you can stand up, then you can extend your came..

Just thinking out loud here.

Sent from my iPhone