[blparent] New Parent Introduction

Brandy Wojcik ballstobooks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 21:44:41 UTC 2012

Hi and Welcome. My name is Brandy, and while I don't have any children of my
own I run an in home day care and tutoring business along with Selling
Discovery Toys. I currently watch a 4 month old, and 2 year old full time,
and have a variety of ages part time and as needed.

As for the dog just take it slow, and make sure not to push him away from
the baby. She will know something is up. When I had a dog she knew when I
was sick and did things differently. It always amazed me what she could
figure out. She was a lab and loved children! They could pet her and run all
around and she would just wag her tale and go for pets.

As for the fear of people taking your child I would relax. Try to learn what
you can ahead of time. Make sure you know the basics of baby care and you
will be fine. Everyone I know with a sighted spouse has had much less
trouble.

Good luck, congratulations, and welcome.

Bran