[blparent] New Parent Introduction

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:13:19 UTC 2012

Yes, having baby and dog meet on neutral territory is most helpful for the
dog.  You want your dog to be as non-threatened as possible.  I always
encouraged my guide putting his head on my stomach when I was pregnant and
my son would move around and even kick the dog when he did that.  It's
almost like they knew each other were there.  I'm sure my guide could hear
things when his head was on my tummy that human ears cannot which helped in
the bonding process between the two.

Erin