[blparent] breast feeding

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 02:55:51 UTC 2012

>Oh, and then there's Reglan.  My advice to anybody who is offered this
prescription drug as a choice is to remember the >Ragan years and just say
no!  The drug is usually used to combat acid reflux, and in some cases, it
has been shown to >increase milk supply.

Many on this list already know my opinion on reglan, but it's worth saying
again.  My wife was prescribed this stuff for stomach issues -- nothing to
do with nursing.  She developed tardive diskinesia, a condition which
presents as uncontrolled muscle twitches -- think Parkinson's on steroids.
Praise the sweet lord, the symptoms gradually went away after she quick
taking the stuff, but this was a very bad experience.  Now I occasionally
see these wonderful lawyer commercials looking for clients who took reglan
with the idea of suing, oh, I don't know -- doesn't matter.  Anyway, if your
M.D. does recommend this stuff, lease do your research and ask hard
questions.  I just feel extremely fortunate that, at least im our case, the
effects proved to be temporary.  Apparently, this is not always the case.