[blparent] Cloth Diapers Anyone?

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:35:50 UTC 2012

Sadly, I have heard some very disgusting cloth diaper stories. My wife
is involved in a lot of groups on Facebook, and some of the stories
which she tells me, which are openly admitted and shared by the people
who were doing these things, absolutely made me sick. I am not trying to
say the following to make anyone sick, but just to give a glimpse into
one of the things which someone was talking about: At one point, some
people wee discussing how they would leave dirty cloth diapers go for
long, long periods of time. One person asked my wife: "do you think that
it is bd that there are maggots in my diapers?" These people would leave
these dirty diapers lying around...enough said...

Our routine here at home is this: When my son has a dirty diaper, I
immediately take it, rinse it very thoroughly, and spray it down with a
natural chemical (not sure what all is in it) called Bac-Out, also
called Bio-clean. All of our diapers are placed into a wet bag to keep
odors in. Regardless of how few or how many diapers accumulate, we do
diaper laundry every other day. We put the diapers through three cycles:
the first cycle is a cold wash with extra rinse; the second cycle is a
hot wash with soap; the third wash is a hot wash without soap. Some
people say that it is overkill, but this routine works well in our case.

Anyhow, that is my two cents. It is off to have a cup of coffee and get
to my day.

Before I forget, though...(and not saying this to be mean)...as far as
dishes go, I thoroughly rinse my dishes (each individual piece) in very
hot water, making sure little nor no residue exists on the dish, before
I put it in the dishwasher here at home. I am actually the main dish
washer here at home, and I like (to the best of my ability) for things
to be clean.

I hope you all have a great day.

Take care.