[blparent] Taking offense to comments

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:54:03 UTC 2012

Tracey,

Don't let this deter you from seeking advice or suggestions for the
list. Invariably, any topic, especially if commented on enough, will
ride off onto tangents, and quite often it can become heated on the
list. I have always advised on any listserve that people read things
carefully and re-read any comments they make before clicking on send
because in written form, it can be difficult to determine tone and
intent. With this particular thread, I've read post after post of those
taking offense or being judgmental, but when reading the original
myself, I fail to see the problem. I say all this to let you know to not
stop being inquisitive or posting because people will do what they do
regardless, and after-all, we can choose to ignore posts and threads and
not read them if we take too much offense or are bothered by them. Your
original post about cloth diapers was just fine, and it has been a great
discussion in general; all of us just need to make sure we temper our
offense.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: