[blparent] Some Questions

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:20:29 UTC 2012

Hello,

For using a cane or dog guide in conjunction with a stroller it's best to
either pull the stroller behind you or put the baby in a carrier.  I have
known some folks who have a lot of remaining vision to push the stroller in
front of them but these were people who had such good usable vision that
they didn't use a cane.  Even then they had to slow their pace and be extra
careful because they could get themselves in trouble by missing a curb or
obstacle low to the ground in front of the stroller.

As for keeping track of prescriptions, just find a labeling system that
works for you to know what bottle is what.  Then you can put tactile markers
on your syringes to accurately measure meds.  What I like to do is get a
syringe that is the exact size for the amount I need so I ask the
pharmacist.  This is not always easy to do because the pharmacist is often
limited on what size syringes they have available to them.  Some folks have
had the pharmacist separate the meds into single servings so there is no
mistake made.  You can also get a syringe that is half the size of what you
need for a single serving and then just fill it twice.  As you can see there
are many options to choose from.

When it comes to baby's wait I always just got that info when I brought my
son into the doctor, but if you have a baby that is under-weight or you're
watching weight gain carefully to make sure of growth and milk intake, then
there are talking scales out there that should work well for you.  I'm not
sure of any brands of baby scales that talk so that's something you'll want
to get from someone who's been in the market for one if you desire.  If you
don't need an exact weight but rather a general idea, then many have just
weighed themselves on their own scale and then weighed themselves again with
baby in their arms.

Hope this helps.

Erin