[blparent] Teaching your child braille

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:07:16 UTC 2013

You can certainly do this. Know that your daughter may  not care much about
Braille. Mine doesn't and I read it all the time. She gets excited when we
see out and about, but has never shown any interest in wanting to learn it.
Interestingly enough,, she loves, and she's especially good at powers of two
which is also computer language. That's pretty close to Braille. She hasn't
figured out the link yet. Teach it if you want, just don't waste energy
being upset if your daughter isn't as into it as you would like.