[blparent] Teaching your child braille

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 02:23:35 UTC 2013

You are absolutely right.  I was a university professor years ago at a
lovely little place called Michigan Tech University.  The math department
provided me a reader/grader (this was years before screen readers), and the
gal who applied for the job just happened to know Braille.  She was sighted,
and had picked it up as a kid -- just to do it.  Just one of those weird
little coincidences, but a case and point to what you said.  Having access
to a person who not only could read for me but transcribe was an
unbelievable stroke of fortune.