[blparent] Please, Please Read: Parenting Questions the Court Will Want Me ToAnswer:Any Advice?

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 18:44:28 UTC 2013

Sirena,
Are these questions the father *has* asked, or are you all just guessing
here? I ask because you said "That's all I can think of".
So I'm wondering what's going on.
You've gotten some great answers to these questions.
Also, I'd talk to your lawyer about fighting back. If he's going to use
blindness against you, I'm sure there are things you could ask him. "How
will you care for the child since you'll be working?"  "The child is a girl,
and you are a boy.  How will you deal with Mean Girl behavior since you've
never experienced it directly?" "How will he teach her how to use a tampon
given that he doesn't have a vagina and has never had a menstrual period?"
This came to my mind when I read your color question.  You could have all
kinds of fun with this.

Lastly, I'd consider moving to wherever he lives. From your blog, moving to
be near him was a viable option. You don't have to like him in order to live
near him.  I suggest this because he may settle down once he realizes he can
be involved in your child's life.  He does have that right no matter how
much you wish he didn't.