[blparent] Nemmeth code

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon Dec 16 04:51:19 UTC 2013

I would like to learn more.

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Sharon
Howerton
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:01 AM
To: 'Blind Parents Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [blparent] Nemmeth code

We teach Nemeth at Hadley

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Veronica
Smith
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:26 AM
To: 'Blind Parents Mailing List'
Subject: [blparent] Nemmeth code

Nemmeth code:
You know this way of math has been around for years and years and  in my
life it just didn't apply, well now that I am working full time in a Braille
class with kiddos K through 2nd grade I have a new opinion on what we
parents should really push for our children who have trouble seeing or
cannot see at all.
It is fascinating and so much fun.
Nemmeth is more than just dropping numbers but it also encompasses the time
and tally marks.
I have learned how to write equations and how to line problems up.

And watching these kiddos do it, well just makes me want to learn more and
more.

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blparent_nfbnet.org/shrnhow%40gmail.com