[blparent] Seeking advice from any Blind Parent group

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 20 21:16:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

Nebraska is attempting to kick-start a Blind Parent group, and I'm going
to chair it. During our NFBN affiliate convention in October, we had a
decent turn-out for a blind parent meeting, and it was decided it was
worth initiating a formal group. We plan to begin with quarterly
teleconference calls since our membership is spread across the state. My
goal is to make the calls productive as well as social, and we hope to
culminate with a seminar during our 2014 affiliate convention.

So, I'm curious what other Blind Parent groups are doing, and any advice
is welcome. Though we are small, I'm hoping to make a success of this,
but I need help.

If you have started or are involved in an official NFB Blind Parent
group in your area, I hope to hear from you. And any advice and
suggestions are welcome from anyone here, smile.

Bridgit P