[blparent] Prayers Please

sharon howerton shrnhow at att.net
Tue Feb 5 12:57:47 UTC 2013

Rhonda, it is sad how much responsibility some of our kids seem to take for
their parents who are blind or visually impaired. I never expected that and
doubt my sons' dad did either, but my oldest son was particularly that way.
He is now almost 30. Both of my sons still live at home with me. I figure
it's more a matter of economics than worry about their blind mom. All of us
get along and that is all that matters to me. When my oldest was about 14, I
took him for an evaluation for some issues he was having and when the
psychologist came out with him, he said my son felt so badly that I couldn't
see him. I never could and he knew I'd been blind all my life. It's sad the
things they take on. I'm so sorry for you and your son, Rhonda. Hope you had
a cane out; wonder if that girl was charged. I'm sure it will be scary for
you to travel again when you're out of the wheelchair. If you can get a
mobility person to work with you for a little while, it might help.
Best and prayers,
Sharon