[blparent] Lightening the Mood

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Tue Feb 5 18:38:57 UTC 2013

My four-year-old daughter was looking for a particular dress she wanted to wear this morning.  I gave some clothes away recently she’d outgrown, so she asked if the pink dress she wanted was in the giveaway box.  I said there had been a couple of dresses in the box, but I wasn’t sure what color they were.

“Mom!  Didn’t you *look* at what color they were?”

“I can’t see colors.  Remember?”

“Well, didn’t you look with your back eyes?”

I’ve always told her, mostly kidding, that my regular eyes are broken but the ones in the back of my head work just fine.  Now and then she goes looking for those back eyes.  Good thing I have long, thick hair to cover them up with.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.