[blparent] a funny one for the moms

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Tue Feb 26 06:43:34 UTC 2013

Yeah, a friend of mine got asked that while I was with her on the bus.
She's blind, with three kids who can all see, and some lady asked, "Where
did you get those?"  Once my friend realized the woman was addressing her,
and not talking about her shoes or earrings or something, she said, "Um,
Wal-Mart?"  The woman persisted, saying she didn't know blind people could
have kids, so my friend just answered that when it came right down to the
mechanics, her eyes didn't have a whole lot to do with it.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.