[blparent] cradle cap and stuff

JA jkaki2011 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 23:46:43 UTC 2013

Hi Veronica,

Some home remedies by Mayo clinic:
Gently rub your baby's scalp with your fingers or washcloth to loosen
the scales.
 Wash your baby's hair once a day with mild baby shampoo. Loosen the
scales with a small, soft-bristled brush before rinsing off the
shampoo.
 If the scales don't loosen easily, rub petroleum jelly or a few drops
of mineral oil onto your baby's scalp. Let it soak into the scales for
a few minutes, and then brush and shampoo your baby's hair as usual.
If you leave the oil in your baby's hair, the scales may accumulate
and worsen the cradle cap.
 Once the scales are gone, wash your baby's hair every few days with a
mild shampoo to prevent scale buildup.

Btw, if the baby is allergic to Olive oil, how about other types of oil?