[blparent] Planning a Birthday Party

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:11:49 UTC 2013

Jo Elizabeth,

To best answer your question please tell us what it is yourself conscious
about exactly?  Is it making sure your house looks nice enough for sighted
company because if that's it just have a friend or family member chip-in and
help be your eyes to make sure there's no tuffs of dog hair hiding in funny
places or crayon on the wall anywhere.  If it's making visually presentable
food you're worried about, make it simple with pizza, finger foods and easy
to throw together salads.  Decorating is something your daughter can
help-out with and she's old enough to let you know if a banner is upside
down.  Even if balloons are in funny places it doesn't matter because you
can tell everyone how your daughter helped decorate and they'll think that
anything is adorable because she had a part in the preparation.  You can
always just get the helium balloons and tie them to the back of chairs and
on tables so they look great automatically with little effort.  We did my
son's 1st birthday at home and it was a lot of sweat labor but fun.  For his
second birthday we had his party at Chick Fil A and with about ten less
guests then his first birthday party, the cost came to the same as having it
at home and the restaurant staff took care of everything which was awesome.
All we had to do was bring the cake and they took care of everything else.

Hope this helps,

Erin