[blparent] Planning a Birthday Party

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Wed Jan 16 06:12:12 UTC 2013

I don't mind baking, but I feel a little unsure about making a cake visually
appealing as well as yummy.  I don't mind serving pizzas or ice cream, but I
wonder if it would make people uncomfortable if I touch something I'm
cutting.  I've never really done party games before, and some things seem
like they might be difficult to supervise or referee without sight.  I don't
know, I'm just traveling outside of my comfort zone.  But I want my daughter
to have birthday parties like her friends, so it's out of my comfort zone I
will go.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.