[blparent] Planning a Birthday Party

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 20:39:21 UTC 2013

Sure thing!  I found that it was the cheapest way to go for everything you
get and it turned-out wonderfully.  We got our cake at Costco and it was
only around $20 after taxes.  Can't beat that for a whole sheet cake and
they'll customize it for you.  You just pick-out what picture and flavor you
want and tell them what to write on it.

If you do things at home just prepare English muffin pizzas ahead of time to
throw in the oven when folks arrive so there's no cutting.  For ice cream
just get those little ice cream cups and designate the cake to another
parent.  There are a ton of games like pin the tail on the donkey that you
can do that really don't require sight but nothing's wrong with having other
parents participate in the help because that's what parents should do at
parties anyways sighted or not.  Get a pinyotta and that's always a huge hit
with the kids.

Erin

Erin