[blparent] Questions on how to clip finger/toe nails

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Jan 20 18:04:40 UTC 2013

Jeri,

I am not aware of nail clippers with guides, but I have not researched such a thing, either.  I think it would be hard to make a guide that would work, though.  Still, it would not surprise me if there are special
clippers for babies.

If one gets clippers where one of the cutting edges extends out further than the other, and if one makes certain the edge that extends out the most is under the nail, that provides some protection.  It is hard to
know if that is the case, though, when buying clippers and they are sealed in a package.

On another topic, I have known other parents who have gone the route of biting off nails and that has worked for them.  Unfortunately, that isn't something I ever felt comfortable doing.  For one thing, the nails
trap some pretty gross stuff, and teeth don't cut that well in some cases..

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson