[blparent] Your thoughts on this?

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:20:11 UTC 2013

I don't know about the reenactment with graphic descriptions, but I do know
that several volunteer fire companies visit schools to do safety
presentations.  One really important thing that they do is to show a
firefighter in various stages of donning their equipment.  The concern is
that if a child sees a firefighter fully decked out in their gear, they may
not recognize them as a human being and could be frightened into hiding.
Obviously, someone could get carried away and unnecessarily frighten the
children, but making sure they know what to do to save themselves or help
the firefighter save them seems critical.