[blparent] This is Cool

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Jan 24 15:43:47 UTC 2013

Me too.  I actually did have a family leave a restaurant once, twenty-some
years ago, because they didn't want to sit next to a blind person.  I felt
bad, but the waitress and the manager told me it was their loss.  They left
their entire meal--salads, drinks, everything--which they paid for on their
way out.  Such small minds.  The thing that impressed me was the waiter
having the nerve to stand up for the kid, caring more about doing the right
thing than keeping his job, and the restaurant owners backing him up.  Of
course, now I saw on the news that the place is packed and everybody wants
to meet this great guy.  I wish guts and kindness weren't so rare as to be a
news story.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.