[blparent] This is Cool

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Jan 26 01:04:10 UTC 2013

When I started in public school in 1976, I was the first blind child in the
district, and one of the very first handicapped students at all.  I remember
thinking many times during my public school years that my peers, and kids
everywhere, would be better adults because they were getting exposed to kids
with disabilities from a young age.  Maybe a lot of them did learn a thing
or two, but apparently it wasn't enough.  Now I can only hope that 35 years
later, with a generation of parents who were around people with special
needs from childhood, raising their own children, maybe things will be a
little better twenty years from now when those more enlightened kids grow
up.  Change happens way too slowly!

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.